It’s that time of year again! Time for the 46th Annual Bayou City Art Festival in Memorial Park. And, it looks like it is going to be a fabulous weekend for strolling through Memorial Park enjoying great art, music, food, and fun at one of the nation’s top 10 outdoor fine arts festivals!
Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26
Established in 1972, the Bayou City Art Festival happens twice a year. The spring and the fall. The festival is located in Memorial Park in the spring and downtown Houston in the fall.
The Bayou City Art Festival showcases hundreds of artists and their work. Everything from photography (traditional & digital), metal works, sculptures, leather goods, jewelry, paintings, and much more. There’s definitely something for everyone and all different tastes!
A portion of the festival’s proceeds will go to support the work of six Houston area nonprofit partners, who will also have representatives on site at the event.
- A Cause to Give us Paws
- Escape Family Resource Center
- Fresh Arts
- Lawndale Art Center
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- The Arc of Greater Houston
There’s even the Children’s Creative Zone which offers supervised art activities.
Each festival has a featured artist. This festival is featuring Amanda Bennett. Amanda is a mixed media artist from New Orleans. She has taken two things she loves, acrylic mediums and photography, and transformed them into a funky style mash up on plywood. You can view her work on her website. It’s really cool! Here are a couple of examples.
- Dates: Friday, March 24 to Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Times: 10am to 6pm each day
- Location: Memorial Park – 6501 Memorial Drive, Houston
- Parking: Onsite parking is not available at the festival, but shuttles will be running from Northwest Mall, Shuttle passes are $3 and can be purchased with online tickets.
- Admission: $12 in advance for ages 13 and older. $15 at the gate. $5 for ages 3 to 12. Free for children under 3. $30 family passes are good for 2 adults and 2 children.
For more information or to pre-purchase your tickets head on over to the Art Colony Association website.
Hope you have a great time!